Saturday, December 16, 2006

Homeschoolers house fire -- lose everything

Tammy at Reviews and Comments on the Fly blogged today about a family in Knoxville, Pennsylvania who had a house fire last night and essentially lost everything. Including their school. No one was hurt and even the cat and dog escaped, thankfully.

You can read about it here.

I haven't found any other info out there in the homeschool arena. Soooo....I emailed the reporter of the article. I got an autoresponse back from her that she won't be back from vacation until the 26th. So I then emailed the emergency contacts she left. I would like contact information so that I can make a small donation to the family, and further down the road when they get settled, perhaps there is a book or two on my shelf that they could use.

I'll be updating this when I hear back from the reporters.

I can't imagine a fire at any time of the year, but right before Christmas just breaks my heart. I hope they are able to find suitable housing. This family needs warm wishes and nice thoughts sent their way. And if you're the praying kind, a few prayers, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please do update and let us know. I certainly could get a homeschool care package together, and could even put something in our homeschool newsletter about it...hoping to get more.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know and chasing this down, Frankie. Now that's genuine Christmas spirit :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting about this. Please let us know when you get some info. We will get a small package together.

Sue