Meg tagged me while I was on vacation and I am just FINALLY getting to it!
Here are the rules:
1. Link to name of person that tagged you.
2. Include state and country you live in.
3. List top 5 favorite local restaurants.
4. Tag 5 other people and let them know they’ve been tagged.
Okay, I've linked to Meg. I live in Minnesota, USA. There are not 5 favorite local restaurants, only two, so I'm going to pretend I'm in Denver visiting dad.
1. Olive Garden -- my all-time favorite
2. Black-Eyed Pea -- another good restaurant, although not very healthy because of all the deep-fat fried stuff
3. Cracker Barrel -- see number 2
4. Dino's -- Italian restaurant on Colfax in Lakewood. It's been there FOREVER. They have homemade spaghetti noodles that are fat and it is absolutely THE BEST.
5. The Armadillo. Yummy Mexican food. Started in LaSalle CO (or Greeley) and last I knew there were two or three in Denver area.
We do have two local restaurants that are pretty good. One is a bar that sits on one of our lakes. It's a really good hamburger and deep-fat-fried place. We don't eat there often, though. They serve one heck of a pork tenderloin sandwich. This restaurant is very homey -- knotty pine walls that are probably 50 years old, old ugly carpet, ugly tables, but the service is great. It is really fun to go there in the winter because you're on the lake and you sit there watching all the ice fishermen. You watch the fisherman driving their cars on the lake. It's freaky watching that.
We also have a good Mexican restaurant. We have some fast food, too: McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, Pizza Hut, Taco John's (gag!, but my boys love that place) KFC and Starbucks. We lost our Taco Bell and I'm still mourning that! We at at Taco Bell so many times at my dad's house that I actually got sick of it -- something I never thought possible.
So Meg, when you come to visit, McDonald's is right on the interstate. The lake restaurant is clear on the other side of town, it's a bar, and people smoke and drink in there. You'll have to choose where we "do lunch". Of course we could eat at my house, but I hate to cook and any excuse to get OUT of my house I grab. =)
Once again, I tag anyone who wants to play!