Thursday, August 02, 2007

and baby makes 17

Yes, the Duggars had baby number 17 today, a girl named Jennifer Danielle.

You can see pictures here.

I didn't know they were expecting, although I should have expected that they were expecting.

Thomas was delighted as he enjoyed watching their documentary on TV.

Me? Um, no comment.

UPDATE: I guess I do have a comment. I believe in freedom. If someone chooses to have 17 babies, so be it. Live and let live. I do worry about the health of the mother. I worry about the message this sends: don't use birth control. I believe they have the message on their website along the lines that states that it's God's will that they have so many babies. Well, I believe that God gives all women and men a brain. I think God expects people to use their brain. I just don't think it's healthy to have 17 babies. I believe God invented birth control for a reason.

I don't know. Who am I to judge?

I think that's why I find the Duggars so intriguing...I just don't know what to think!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even worse, they live a few hours from us, and I have met the Dad's best friend briefly when he was campaigning against immigrants. He was eating in an Indian restaurant, and gave English hubby his card. Sigh. Certainly not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Mz.Elle said...

My husband says it's just a big ego stroke having that many kids.
"Look what we can do!"
I personally think love multiplies and it's not my place to judge. I would never have that many kids though! I have a hard enough time with my two and while I enjoy them and love them,I'm also looking forward to the next stage..

Anonymous said...

The Duggars...blech.

Hey girl, Meg is trying to get ahold of you and says her emails keep bouncing. I'm going to try to email you her message and cell number but just wanted to let you know here just in case. ;)

Garden State Kate said...

I'm fascinated and a bit put off by them all at the same time.
Oh well, live and let live and all that.

Appletini said...

I find them fascinating in the same way I find a train wreck fascinating. It's disturbing, yet you just have to know "why?"

It isn't so much the number of children (although that IS disturbing), it's all the other weird things that go along with it -- their "buddy system," their cream-of-crap-and-tater-tots meals, the way they pursue Discovery Channel's attentions like media whores, the sad and ugly matching outfits. One could go on and on.

momof3feistykids said...

Holy. Crap.

http://tribeofautodidacts.homeschooljournal.net/