Sunday, September 14, 2008

One-Liners

Last week we had three really good one-liners in this house.

On Monday night, Bob was watching Monday Night Football. The Vikings (our team) were playing their rivals, Green Bay.

Thomas was outside playing.

It's never a good thing to be in the house when Bob is watching football. He swears. And he doesn't think before he swears.

So while he was watching, I was on a three-way phone call with my sister and our realtor for Dad's house.

As we were talking, Bob let out a shout, and it was loud.

F***. (G-rated blog, otherwise I'd write the word.)


There was a pause on the phone. My sister didn't hear it, but the realtor did. I paused for a second, said ummmmmmmm, and then said, "Sorry, Monday Night Football." Lots of laughter and understanding. Whew.

Bob sheepishly came in the room and apologized, which I conveyed to the realtor.


The second one-liner was by Thomas. We were discussing getting along with friends. The little girl across the street is kind of spoiled and not always nice. I said words my mother used to say to me: "Two wrongs don't make a right." Thomas said:

Yes, but three lefts do.


I was so shocked he said that, but I found it funny.

The third one was a wake-up call from Thomas to me. It needs no explanation.

Mom, you really need to get your mustache under control.


And he was right. Dang aging.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bwhahhahhhaa! I LOVE your family! Thank you for sharing!
Kamrin

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

I needed the laugh today, thanks Frankie.

And you're right. Durn that aging thing!

Garden State Kate said...

I am so with you...we are the same way during football...I cuss more than DH though.:-(