Tuesday, January 22, 2008

How Sad

I enjoy reading the silly TMZ and Perez websites just for "fluff" and to take my mind off things.

I was so extremely saddened to read about Heath Ledger's death this afternoon at TMZ, though. I almost felt as if I had been punched in the stomach.

He was one of my favorite actors. I actually thought he was older than he was, I was surprised to learn he was only 28. What a tragedy.

I'll be anxious to learn the true cause of death. I take Ambien, but I only take one. There's lots of rumors floating around.

One of my favorite movies is The Patriot, which is where I first saw Heath. Of course I love Brokeback Mountain, too. That movie just captured the feel of growing up in Wyoming -- even though it was filmed in Canada. The big open skies, the big open spaces. Of course the story was sad and touching, too.

Sigh.

On another note, Thomas is still feeling icky and still has a fever. He just took an ibuprofen and settled in for the night. I'm feeling better, as the cramps are letting up. Now I just hope that I don't get what he's got. I've got my fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Bobbi said...

I too found myself in an "unh!" moment when I popped over to google new and saw the headline "Heath Ledger dies"

I hope your boy feels better soon! That's no fun!

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

I usually don't pay much attention to 'stars' but this one hit me in the kishkes, too.

I, too, first saw him in The Patriot, and I loved Brokeback Mountain.

I understand from the paper today that it is believed to be accidental--maybe due to a prescription drug interaction.
Scary stuff.

He was so young and very talented. I was looking forward to watching him come up in the film world.

Garden State Kate said...

Very sad. I hope you are all feeling better.