Thursday, July 24, 2008

On the mend?

I saw my doctor today. I called earlier this week and they gave me an appointmnet for the 30th. I took it. Luckily, they took a note back to him and he called me and he squeezed me in today.

Yes, I still have an ear infection in both ears. Yes, I still have sinusitis. My lungs are clear, which is great news.

He gave me an antibiotic different than that tendon-rupturing med. He gave me one refill and told me to get a refill if I was only 99% better.

The pharmacist told me I should feel better in 72 hours. I have my fingers crossed.

When I googled the drug, (and yes, I'll always do that from now on) I found that I'm getting double the normal dose -- I'm getting the dose for a severe infection. I had to laugh at myself because I actually thought, "Gee, I have a severe infection." Then I had that "DUH" moment.

I've been sick for weeks and weeks now. I can't remember what it feels like to feel normal.

Thomas's thumb is healing up. The day after stitches it was all different shades of purple and green and yellow. I almost snapped a photo of it, but it was so gross, I don't know what I would have done with the photo. It looks much better now.

He's able to use his hand a little more now. That's a good thing, because this afternoon, we're finally going to start our testing. After I have a much-needed nap, of course.

I wish we didn't have to do the testing, but we must. I also must place my order for school materials -- haven't done that yet.

Before I know it, the summer will be over and I'll look back and wonder where it went. That part stinks. We haven't been to the pool once. We haven't been to the lake, either. Thomas isn't supposed to get his thumb wet -- no swimming. He'll get his stitches out and then boom, he'll be at his summer camp. When he returns, the fair will be going on and boom, the end of summer will be upon us. That part stinks. But hopefully we'll all be happy and healthy.

I have a feeling we'll be doing a couple motel visits this year for swimming. That is if I can get my hands on the 50% off coupons that I've found in the past.

4 comments:

Heather said...

"Severe Infection" sounds so much cooler than "sinusitis" doesn't it? When you have a *severe infection* people say, "Oh, wow" and think you must be some kind of Superwoman to survive it. So, yay for your severe infection, it's just bumped up to near-immortal status! That should make you feel a bit better.

Seriously, I hope this drug does the trick and you start feeling better soon.

Wisteria said...

Our fair starts today. After next week all the public schools will begin their sessions. I agree, where did it go???????

Hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

LOL..I am only laughing because I completely understand. When I got the antibiotics from the ER, I never realized how bad I had been feeling. Now I am not 100% better yet, but I will be soon.

I am glad that Thomas' finger in on the mend. When Dragon broke his foot all he wanted to do was go to the beach. BUT with his luck I figured crutches+beach=another ER visit. So we have put that off until we get back from Maryland.

Garden State Kate said...

Feel better soon!!
((hugs))