Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My Printer Died

Homeschoolers can't survive without a good printer. At least this homeschooling family can't.

In 1995, when I was a court reporter, I spent over $1,000 on a HP LaserJet 4Plus. Lots of money. It printed fast, a whopping 12 pages per minute! lol It was solid, it was good, and it has printed hundreds of thousands of pages.

Monday I sat down to plan school, and when I went to print out my home-made planner pages, I got a service error. I googled the error, and it wasn't pretty. Bob took it apart and there are parts that are fried.

I could have cried. I think I did shed a tear or two. This was one of the last links to my former life, when I worked in the real world, when I actually made money.

I then set out to find a new printer. I had certain wants. I quickly got overwhelmed. In the end, I decided upon (and Bob agreed it was a good choice) a Brother color laser printer.

It arrives Friday, and I cannot wait. It's wireless, too -- how cool is that. May the new printer give me at least half the years and 1/4 of the pages that my old friend did.

Rest in peace, LaserJet 4Plus. Thank you for your service. Welcome, new Brother.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Nooooooooo! How unfortunate. :-(

Ah, but a new color laser printer? Hooray! Have fun with it.

Obi-Mom Kenobi said...

I felt like that when my old (1950's era) fridge died.