Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Schedules !!!

Is it possible that we will ever be able to follow a schedule?

It occurred to me tonight, as I was making my umteenth schedule of the year, that while we homeschool we tend to completely ignore the clock. Math can sometimes take an hour and a half.

What if I actually forced us to *follow* that schedule? What if we put the math books away at the correct time. Would it be possible for us to finally finish what I have planned for a day?

I keep telling myself that the beauty of homeschooling is that there is no schedule. Perhaps I'm doing DS a disservice with this attitude. He is a slow worker. Perhaps I need to teach him to use his time more efficiently.

Hmm, I wonder. School starts next week. I'll have to try this out.

Of course, it is all contingent on me getting my butt out of bed on time in the morning.




No comments: