Monday, January 02, 2006

After-Vacation Blues

School starts back up for us tomorrow. We did a test run today. Made DS go to bed at nine, and I took a sleeping pill at 10. At 11, I awoke to DS climbing in bed with us and having a long, drawn out conversation with dad. Neither of them bothered whispering. I have suffered from insomnia for years and if I wake up, I'm done for. I ended up getting up and working Sudokus until 2:30 am.

I climbed into the cramped bed and promptly passed out. I awoke at 8 am to the phone ringing. My dear, sweet husband was calling to wake me up. I got up, took care of the dog, drank two cups of coffee, contemplated a shower, but that was just too much work. I did a couple Sudokus instead. Then I started morning chores and got the house all spiffed up. Then I woke DS at 9:30. He had the crabbies -- bad! He was almost crying stating that he didn't get *any* sleep last night.

It's all my fault. I let him stay up way too late during our vacation.

His bedtime used to be 10 and he'd get up between 8-9. I informed him his bedtime is going to be 9 from here on out. We need to get started earlier -- at least I'm feeling pressure to conform to "normal" schooltime standards. Or perhaps it's just because I want to watch Oprah in the afternoon instead of doing school.

I don't know. My mind is still in a fog.

All I know is that tomorrow will be a bear. He'll be grumpy, I'll be grumpy and I'm betting it will take the entire week to get back into a routine.

What a way to start a new year! lol

Frankie -- nightowl to the core

No comments: