Friday, January 06, 2006

Our First Week Back

The first week back to school post-vacation went very well. I tweaked our schedule quite a bit. For starters, I actually *used* a schedule. Before vacation, we were taking sometimes up to two hours to do math. I made a schedule, and we followed it -- and it worked very well.

The one big tweak did was Friday fun day. I changed Fridays to fun stuff, such as art, piano lessons, geography -- and of course DS requested typing. It was a big hit. It was also a big relief for me because I was able to get a lot of my home ec stuff done.

I seem to recall when DS was in public school, their Fridays were pretty limited in what they did. It was goal day, if the kids met their goals they got a movie. So I won't have guilt over having a fun Friday on my schedule from here on out.

No comments: