Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Our Sad Thanksgiving News

The cowboy, also known as my father-in-law, passed away tonight.

He fell and broke his hip the morning after we left. So his passing, is a blessing because he won't have to suffer.

Our hearts ache, but I can't help but think about what a wonderful life he had. He was 81.

We will be spending Thanksgiving on the road again. Another nine-hour drive. This time our beloved dog will be joining us. I'm sure that will be an experience. Instead of chancing finding an open restaurant on the road, I am packing leftover meatloaf sandwiches. We are looking at that as a fun treat, as we all love meatloaf sandwiches. So, I am very thankful I made a meatloaf for supper tonight!

I told Thomas that some day after the new year, we'd have a real Thanksgiving meal and celebration.

I want to wish all my virtual friends a very happy thanksgiving. I am thankful for the blogging community, my blogging buddies, and my group buddies.

Will be back in a week or so.

7 comments:

Mz.Elle said...

Ohh I'm so sorry Frankie,so sorry.
I'll be thinking of you all.
Enjoy your sandwiches,we heart meatloaf too and I love how you're making a treat out of them and eating on the road. Stay safe.
We'll see you when you get back.

Karen said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.
My sister lost her mother in law on the Canadian thanksgiving this year and it was a sad but strangely fitting time to remember and be reminded of the gifts we have been given in one another.

Karen

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your sad news. We are keeping you and yours in our thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you were able to see him the other week, to have some closure. You are right...what a wonderful life he had. Lighting a candle for Cowboy , and your family.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about Cowboy, Frankie. Please know that you are in our thoughts. Have a safe trip and do enjoy your meatloaf sandwiches. We love them with 57 sauce!

Anonymous said...

{{{Frankie}}}
We will keep you and your family in our prayers. Safe travels. I'm so sorry for your loss; even when it is expected it is still very difficult.

Julie Ann said...

Frankie, I'm sorry. I know this can be a hard time. We also said goodbye to my husband's 94-yr-old father this summer. Blessings to your family, and please take care.