Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Mama B has tagged me!
1. Explain what ended your last relationship?
Me. I moved 6 hours away from my boyfriend to start my new job. My husband of 17 years was my next door neighbor. My old boyfriend didn't stand a chance, poor guy.
2. When was the last time you shaved?
NO COMMENT -- Actually last week, and I was-a-gonna today, but I wanted to shower fast and hit the library. Tomorrow, before I start tripping.
3. What were you doing this morning at 8 a.m.?
Sleeping. Actually waking up. I got up at 8:15.
4. What were you doing 15 minutes ago?
Just finished reading half of a book to Thomas, then started surfing.
5. Are you any good at math?
Well, yes and no. Basic operations, yes. Concepts beyond high school trig, no. All through high school I always asked the same question: Why are you teaching me this and how does it apply to real life. No one ever answered me, just told me to memorize those formulas.
6. Your prom night?
Ew, evil question. I was never asked to the prom. I would always get together with my girlfriends who also were not asked and do something fun. Senior year we went to see Annie, the play.
7. Have you had to take a loan out for school?
No. I had a full-tuition scholarship, believe it or not.
8. Do you know the words to the song on your myspace profile?
I don't do myspace. I haven't quite figured it out -- and I don't know that I want to. (No offense, Sam.)
9. Last thing received in the mail
Credit card bill.
10. How many different beverages have you had today?
Coffee, and lots of it, chocolate milk, two diet pepsi's, and a hot chocolate while reading to Thomas. Oh, a glass of water, too. Five. I still need to drink my V8.
11. Do you ever leave messages on people’s answering machine?
I detest answering machines. I don't own one. Drives people nuts, but makes me happy. How can I avoid people if they can leave messages? lol That said, yes, I leave messages. I'm always taken off guard and leave corny messages, though.
12. Who did you lose your CONCERT virginity to?
Andy Gibb. My poor sister had to take me.
13. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach?
No, never thought to! I play, make castles and moats and dig, but no names. I'll do it this summer just for grins, though.
14. What was the most painful dental procedure you have had?
When I was 17, the removed gum from the roof of my mouth and transplanted it to my lower front teeth. It was horrid. Run away if the dentist tells you that you have receeding gums and wants to do that. I've had several root canals and will take those any day!
15. What is out your back door?
big back yard, flower pot. uhm dare I admit this, but my ash tray, big red barn -- a garage kind not a real one, flower garden, corn field, trees. We have a pretty back yard. OH -- and always in view is the neighbor's barking poodle. Yap, yap, yap.
16. Any plans for Friday night?
I'm still working on tonight. No, no plans.
17. Do you like what the ocean does to your hair?
Well, honestly, I don't know that it really does anything to my hair. Maybe the wind whips it around, but I live in high humidity, so I'm used to weird hair.
18. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorns?
There's one sitting on my kitchen counter right now. A cub scout can that cost $30. That white gourmet cheese corn is awful!
19. Have you ever been to a planetarium?
Yes! Wish we lived close to one.
20. Do you re-use towels after you shower?
On a good week, I use them every other day. On a bad week, a couple days. (All depends if I'm current on the laundry or not.)
21. Some things you are excited about?
Hmm, nothing much right now. I was excited for Thomas joining his club last night. But I'm in a valley right now and, well, nothing is very exciting.
22. What is your favorite flavor of JELLO?
23. Describe your keychain(s)?
Thomas made it a few years ago at a public school fair. It's a beadie thing with a plastic hand on it. Wonderful because Thomas made it, but not my pick. I like Koosh keychains.
24. Where do you keep your change?
Everywhere. We just cleaned up all the change and found it in the ugly hiking boot bank by the washer, my wallet, the bottom of my purse, my coat pocket, and my jewelry box. I gave all but $10 in quarters to Thomas and he made $32.
25. What kind of winter coat do you own?
I'm in Minnesota -- it's WARM, covers my butt, has a hood, repels water. It's thinsulate. I can't remember the brand name, though.
26. What was the weather like on your graduation day?
Beautiful all three times.
27. Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed?
open. the critters come in and out all night. Plus, I want to see the boogie man approaching. The light in the hall is on as well.
I tag anyone else who wants to play.