Wednesday, August 15, 2007

We have a bug

The bug we have is called lazy-summeritis. It's nasty in that we just don't feel like doing a darned thing. I think this is the worst case we've ever had.

Well, maybe it's my worst case. Thomas always feels like playing.

The past several days I have not felt like doing a darned thing. I dream of having pajama days that are guilt free. Oh, yes, I have my share of pajama days, but they're always full of guilt. What if the doorbell rings, what if Thomas gets hurt while playing outside, what if my husband gets upset. (He's been known to get upset over my love of pajama days in the past.)

It's funny that I actually do accomplish things -- much more than I think or feel like. I wanna be a kid again. I want carefree days where I can run and play and dream. I don't want to have to cook. I don't want to have to prepare for school. I don't want to clean the school room.

That's it, the school room. That is where I picked up the summeritis virus. I don't want to clean that room. I have too much stuff for the small space. There are books on the shelves that are way below Thomas's level. I don't want to get rid of them to make room for stuff that is on his level. I don't want to let go of the past. I don't want to admit that my baby is growing up and is not a baby anymore and hasn't been for quite some time.

That or I just don't want to do the work. Or both.

I've just been a lazy bum. I think I'll go with that for awhile. All that hard work is fast approaching and I think I'll take a breather while I can.


Maybe summeritis is a good thing.

No comments: