Saturday, December 01, 2007

Adjusting Well

I cannot begin to describe the amount of joy that this little critter has brought to us. This year it has felt as if as rain cloud was permanently above us. Things were just so sad. That's still there, Jerry is still dying, but Apollo has brought us hope and joy and laughs and snuggles.

Jerry has developed little blood-blister type things on his belly. His eyes are also extremely red and/or bloodshot. He's still perky, wags his tail and is not showing any signs of pain. My heart aches for him. It aches for me, because I will miss him so. I've been mourning his loss since we got the news, though, and that's not good. I try to focus on living in the moment, as Jerry does.

At any rate, the mood has changed drastically in this house. Apollo was the god of medicine and healing, among other things. He's done a great deal to heal us already.

And he's so darned cute, too.










5 comments:

Meg_L said...

So cute.

Hey my sister just announced she's doing a seminar in Indy next September. Interested?

Becky said...

Apollo brought the sun, too :)

I know it's been a tough year for you. Glad to hear the mood has been lifted. And my thoughts are still with Jerry and the rest of you.

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

It is good to have someone like Apollo, someone who reminds you that life is good, and fun and exciting. That's the great thing about puppies and young dogs. They are just so darned enthusiastic about life.

May next year be a better one for you.

And do remember to take a few pictures of Jerry, too. You'll want them later. Just a thought from someone who has been where you are.

Angela said...

What a doll! I am so glad you went forward and got a pup. It is amazing the miracles they can bring to your days. It has always helped us deal with loss. It is even more special when the pup gets to spend some time learning from the older dog. Enjoy these days!

Garden State Kate said...

I'm so glad you are getting
a little bit of "sun" your way...
long over due.
He is darn cute!