Monday, July 14, 2008


Today started with a very slow start. Last night I started having excruciating pain in my sinuses -- burning, so I had to take a Vicodin. Took the pain away and gave me a horrible case of insomnia. I was awake until 3:30. This morning I felt like I was hung over -- something I haven't felt in 20 years or so. Ugh. I got up, took care of the puppies, and went back to bed. I got up at noon. Thomas stayed in bed that whole time, the little booger. I really hate the feeling of being doped up, but the pain has been very bad at times. Hopefully I'm on the mend now and can do without.

I had planned on starting my day early, as I was going to deep clean the kitchen. Well, by the time we ate, showered, and got started, it was 2. Of course we couldn't eat here, we went out for a hamburger. And then I decided to try a Starbucks coffee half caf. lol I was full of excuses.

We got started on the kitchen. I have cleared out, deep cleaned and re-organized five cupboards. I've vacuumed the floors, picked up the kitchen, run two loads through the dishwasher and picked up the living room.

We decided that we needed to go out for dinner, as Bob would be home very late. Well, that turned out to be a two-hour affair. We hit Subway and Thomas ran into his very good friend who moved away last year. They were in town visiting. Sooo, the boys sat down at a table together and so did the moms. We visited for two hours.

Where did the day go?

Luckily no pain tonight, so I'm planning on some great sleep. I decided to not take the levaquin. After reading things on the internet, then talking again with the pharmacist this weekend, I think it's very risky. I have a history of tendinitis, which the doctor did not ask me about. I have had cortisone injections because it's been so bad. One of the nasty side effects from the Levaquin is tendon rupture. Too risky for me. I still have the ear infections and the sinusitis, but it's getting much better. So, knock on wood, I'll wing it without meds.

I should finish re-organizing the kitchen tomorrow. Thomas has been a great help, running little errands for me. I then need to wash walls, curtains and scrub and treat the floors. Never a dull moment.

Thomas's standardized test finally came in the mail today. It was only a week late. Or was it two weeks late? We'll have to start that later this week. Yuck.

After the kitchen is completed, I plan to do the living room and then school room. The school room is so bad -- everything is stacked on the floor, so I can barely walk. Yuck. The effects of this stressful year are really hitting me now. But by golly, I'm going to have a clean house soon!


Meg_L said...

Do you want to come clean mine?

Kate in NJ said...

Good for you, getting so much done when you feel so crummy! I'm impressed and wish I could be as motivated. I've been doing one cabinet at a

Summer Fae said...

I am glad that you got the chance to catch up with an old friend.

Take care of yourself. I ended up in the ER Monday because of a bad sinus infection.

I hope that you feel better really soon.