Monday, August 03, 2009

August Already?!?!!!

Where has the summer gone?

I am mostly recovered from the surgery.

We've been working on a big project: our back yard. We dug up the grass and weeds in the dog run area, which is about 35x25, and laid 4 ton of river rock. It makes doggie doo-doo cleanup so easy! That was a lot of work, and Bob is now replacing the back door.

All our school books have arrived and are sitting on my kitchen counter waiting for me to get the year planned out. Projects need finished, carpet needs cleaned, laundry room needs deep cleaned, the school room needs organized...and on and on and on.

I need to ask Thomas what fun things he wants to do before the summer is over and try to accommodate him--to a degree.

The older I get, the faster time goes.

5 comments:

SabrinaT said...

Glad you are feeling good!!
Summer is flying by so fast....

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better. It sounds like your backyard is going to be beautiful!!

You are right that is it a relief to know what is going on. We are going to be taking it a little bit slow at first, but everyone is very excited to take the next step. :>)

Meg_L said...

"where'd the summer go?"

has been my question this week. It feels like I've gotten nothing done and with taking Boy back to college next week, it's about over.

Bobbi said...

So glad you are feeling good! I love coming here those monkeys make me smile. River rock would help the dog doo clean up!

Joanie @ The Bright Side said...

Hi Frankie,
Just discovered your blog from a list of the 50 best homeschooling blogs. Love it! We've been homeschooling our youngest son for 3 years now. He is starting 4th grade this fall. Really enjoyed hearing about how well your son has done. Thanks for sharing!