Sunday, January 15, 2006

I'm Not Ready for Monday This Time

Nope. No repeat of last week. There are two loads of laundry left to do, three baskets in my bedroom that need put away. The kitchen is a disaster. There are no dirty dishes, but there is stuff...stacks of books on the kitchen table, stacks of stuff on the big counter. I've been working on that homeschool room today and things that didn't have a home ended up on the kitchen counter.

DS did not get to bed on time. His new 9pm bedtime has worked well. Tonight at 9 my sister called, got off the phone with her, DH was sawing logs on the couch and DS was getting away with being up past his bedtime. I made him take a shower and when he got out he was complaining yet again about his hair being too long. I grab the scissors and give him a nice haircut. Darn it all, I like long hair on boys. Why do I give him the choice of wearing his hair the way he wants rather than wearing it long, like I like? Oh, yeah, because it is his hair. Hmph.

Got the hair cleaned up, swept the kitchen floor and got DS to bed.

Came to surf and have been sitting here for way too long. I blame it on the fact I had a Diet Coke for supper. I'm getting old now and caffeine keeps me up now. I usually drink Diet Rite when I want a pop, but DH got me a fountain pop --mmmm, love fountain pop.

Our local schools have tomorrow and Tuesday off. We had planned on taking tomorrow and Tuesday off as well, but I just can't justify it. Neither of us is "needing" a break. I think I'll take these two days and use them some other time when we're starting to climb the walls. I figure toward the end of February, when spring fever starts to hit. Maybe we'll go to a motel and swim.

Ah, it's Monday morning already. It's going to be a several-cups-of-coffee morning in a few hours.

No comments: