Saturday, January 21, 2006

Teeny Tiny Classroom 8

DS really wanted a classroom, a place to call his own, a place to show off. Doing school at the kitchen table or living room just didn't give him the ownership he was craving. I would be willing to bet that we will still do school in both places in addition to the new room, though.

DS decided on the theme for the room and aside from the white board, he did all the poster placement, all the underwater creatures. He is very proud, and so am I.

Had my DS not gone to public school for three years, I doubt we would have ever made a school room. He recently confessed to me that about the only things he missed about public school were the cute decorations. He misses a few of his teachers, but we do stay in contact with one and see the others occasionally because we are in a small town.

2 comments:

Doc said...

You know, even if you do continue to homeschool all over the house, having a place you can keep EVERYTHING is great. I wish I had that - but my kids never went to public school and therefore don't see the point - why not just have a disorganized mess that spews from room to room and WHAT? Keep the school books in one place? Why do that? We might find them in a timely manner and have to do SCHOOL. I'm anxious awaiting the day when one of my kids LEAVES HOME so I can convert their bedroom to a "study".

Frankie said...

I agree, having it all in the same place *is* nice. One of the reasons it took us so long to get the room done was I had to search every nook and cranny in this house to gather everything. It was a royal PITA to find stuff when I was looking for it before. DS could find what *he* wanted, but if I asked him to find something I wanted us to use...he couldn't. lol